hand pieced log cabins


Many, many months ago I started a hand pieced log cabin quilt (blog post here). I was on a roll and enjoyed the slow process of hand piecing a lot. But then life happened, well mostly our move, and there was absolutely no time for slow stitching :(

Last week though I started feeling like things were finally getting back to normal and I decided to give my log cabins a try once again. 


You might remember I used red squares for the middle of my previous blocks, but I had no red on hand and wanted to stitch right away so I went with black instead and I quite like it. I think these slightly different blocks will add interest to the finished quilt.



In case some of you wonder, my middle squares are cut at 2'' x 2'' and the logs are cut 1'' wide.

I have no idea how large (or small) this quilt will end. I'll just keep stitching as long as I feel like it and then I'll see. This quilt is about enjoying the process and not worrying about the final result and I'm quite curious to see where it will go :)

Happy stitching, friends. Svetlana