lately...

Lately I felt so overwhelmed by my Swoon and Pinkie Pie quilts. I barely made any progress on either over the last few weeks, so this morning I decided to attach the binding to my Swoon. 


As you can see from the picture above, I'm not even close to being done with my hand quilting. I just needed to feel like the end is near, thus the binding on an unfinished quilt. I'll clearly do anything to trick my mind into thinking a lot less work is ahead of me than it actually is :)


I also made these two very simple pillows for my sister. I found it hard to work with warm colors she really likes (plus she asked for no blue or gray!!!!), but I quite like the way they turned out. It's always good to step out of your comfort zone, right?


And then I made my non-patchwork loving oldest daughter this lunch bag using Amy's pattern from her book Zakka Handmades


And then I was in serious need of some very colorful patchworky goodness so I worked on these epp hexagons and kept turning them into flowers. I have no idea what to do with them, though. I think I'll just keep making more and more (they are so relaxing) and wait for the right project to come along.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Svetlana