county fair chairs

I spent the last few days hand quilting my Single Girl quilt. Unfortunately for me I seem to have no self control when it comes to sewing and quilting and this morning the pointer and thumb on my right hand felt like they were about to fall off.

Not a good sign for sure, my Juki sewing machine is at the "machine doctor" and injuring my fingers is the last thing I need, so I decided to let the Single Girl take a little break and I re-upholstered our dining room chairs instead.


I admired this County Fair fabric by Denyse Schmidt for such a long time, but since it came out way before I started sewing, I gave up on owning any. And then I found almost 2 yards of this cheater print home dec weight fabric listed on Etsy for an incredibly low price (I think I paid about $14.00 including shipping).

The panels are about 17" x 18", so I decided to frame them with some black and blue Essex linen from my stash to make them big enough for the chair cushions.


I love how simple this project was. I've always wanted to make patchwork covers for our chairs and this cheater print saved me tons of time. I guess that's my "lemonade" for today. No good machine and sore fingers equals re-upholstered chairs. Not bad I say.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by. Svetlana