hand quilting

 Hello, happy Sunday!

I hope you all are having a lovely weekend. Mine is going pretty well, not much of my usual sewing happening since my Juki stopped working a few days ago and I had to take it to the "machine doctor" :( No fun at all!

I can't complain much, though. Not having the machine means that I have all this time to work on hand quilting my Single Girl .


It's a slow, but pretty relaxing process, so no complaints here. My least favorite part, I must say, is marking the quilting lines which I find extremely boring and tedious (I'm using a blue marker that disappears once it gets wet - it works well, I tried it already).


 Oh, I'm so loving these chunky stitches. 


I don't use any frames or hoops when quilting. I tried, but it did not work for me. I just find myself a nice comfy spot on the sofa, hold the quilt firmly with my left hand, and quilt.


 As you can see, I'm quite enjoying myself.

Wishing you all a wonderful rest of the weekend. Svetlana

Linking up to Chase's Weekending.