bagmaker tuesday no.5 (boxy pouch)


Hello lovelies, welcome !!!

Ever since I made my Range Backpack using waxed canvas, I've been itching to sew up a waxed canvas pouch as well. I went back and forth on which pattern to choose and in the end I decided to go with a boxy pouch.


I used my own free tutorial to whip up this fabulously sturdy and wonderfully "rugged" looking pouch. I was a bit worried at first that waxed canvas might be too thick for this pattern as I only made it using quilting cotton before but the canvas sewed beautifully and I had no issues at all.



One thing I really, really love about this pattern is there's no need to box all these corners. All you need to do is bind two edges and you end up with a lovely boxy pouch with no raw edges on the inside.

The finished pouch is 7'' wide x 2'' tall x 3'' deep. I think I'll use mine to keep some of my sewing supplies organized, but it would definitely make a great pencil or make up pouch as well.

Well, that's my little project for the week. Have you sewed up something you'd like to share with us? If so please use the button below to link up to your blogpost of IG photo.

Wishing you all a happy and creative day. Svetlana