Tuesday, August 15, 2017

range backpack


You guys, I made a backpack!!!  And I absolutely, positively love it  :). 

I've wanted to either buy or sew a waxed canvas backpack for ages now but never seemed to come across just the right one. And then Anna (noodlehead) published her newest pattern for Range Backpack and I knew I had to drop everything and start making it right away.


I used waxed canvas (purchased here) for the exterior and Essex linen for the lining. I think this fabric combo gives the finished backpack just the right firmness without being too stiff.



And, since I'm sort of obsessed with rivets I added them to my straps and front closure. 



I love how this backpack turned out and while it wasn't the easiest bag to sew, it was definitely worth all the extra effort. I already wore it to our trip to Chicago and loved using it.

So, if you're ever in a mood to sew up a super fabulous backpack for yourself, I highly recommend you give this pattern a try. You won't be disappointed.

Off I go, one more day of summer break left and then it's back to school for all three of my kids. I'm actually kind of excited to get back to a regular schedule and routine :)

Wishing you all a lovely and productive day. Svetlana


9 comments:

  1. LOVE this! I don't even know if I'd use a backback but I may need to see one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's perfect! Love the rivets! What type of fabric did you use for the shoulder straps? Thank you for sharing all your wonderful creations. I always look forward to seeing what you have made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used regular cotton canvas for the straps. Hope this helps :)

      Delete
  3. Amazing! Love your choice of materials! And the rivets add to the professional finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I do not know who you are but definitely you’re going to a famous blogger if you aren’t already Cheers!
    My blog: Best tactical backpack

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...