a bit more qayg


Clearly making just one qayg scrappy pouch was not enough :).


So last night I whipped up this little pouch and pincushion set.

 
Don't you just love how a few scraps of fabric and batting can be turned into such interesting panels in almost no time at all? Especially when you work on a small scale, like I did.


I turned the two larger panels into a simple pouch, making the pattern up as I went. I used a 6" long metal zipper and adjusted all the measurements accordingly. And, since I didn't want to go with the usual rectangular pouch shape, I rounded the corners and cut out small darts to give it a bit more depth.

Have you tried qayg before? I hope you give it a go, it's great fun.
 
I have a free tutorial on how to make these panels here, and how to turn them into pouches here

Wishing you all a happy and creative weekend. Svetlana