qayg lola pouch



Yesterday evening I suddenly decided I needed a new pouch for my pens. Truth is, of course I didn't need a new pouch. I have more than enough brand new pouches laying around my studio, but I was seriously itching to do a bit of scrappy qayg (quilt as you go) patchwork.


I find qayg method to be very relaxing and meditative and in no time I had two pretty panels ready to be turned into a pouch. I decided to use my Lola pouch pattern, but I didn't add a contrasting bottom as I wanted to use as much of my qayg panels as I could.


I'm happy to say the pouch turned out even better than I imagined. I love, love, love this combination of scrappy patchwork and metal zipper beautifully framed by zipper binding.


I think it makes a perfect new home for my pens and markers.

 
In case you'd like to make your own qayg Lola, you can purchase pattern here.

Happy sewing, friends. Svetlana