an extra special quilt finish


Happy Monday, friends. 


I must tell you, I'm super, super excited about this new quilt. I love its simplicity and muted colors, but mostly I love the fact that I used a mix of different solids from my stash combined with my own either screen printed or block printed fabrics (some of which are still available for sale at my etsy shop).


It took forever for me to decide which pattern to go with and I'm glad I chose this simple coin quilt layout. I was loosely following my strip quilt tutorial but decided to do different widths of columns to make better use of fabric I had.


When it comes to quilt backs, I usually use one single fabric to do as little piecing as possible. This time, though, I actually went ahead and used leftover strips from the top and a big piece of block printed fabric to make this happy looking backing.


And, once again, I did my favorite 1" apart straight-ish line quilting and striped binding.

♥ ♥ ♥

QUILT STATS
finished size: 41" x 56" 
fabrics used: different Kona Cottons and Essex linen + my own printed fabric
batting: Warm and White

Thanks for reading, everyone. Wishing you all a fun, creative week. 

Svetlana