Saturday, June 6, 2015

three things

thing one: I've been restless, trying to find focus and clearer vision of where I'm heading, especially when it comes to sewing, for quite some time now. So this week I re-decorated my sewing room. I always decorate and move furniture around when I'm restless :). I painted my walls and made a new cushion for the bench. I still kind of liked my old patchwork cushion, but I like this simple, quite stylish and peaceful one even more. And the piping wasn't even that hard. I must remember to add piping to my projects more often.


thing two: I sewed very little over the last week (mostly because of thing one above). One thing I managed to finish though, is this market bag from Anna's fantastic new book Handmade Style. I made a few changes to the bag mostly because I didn't have leather handles on hand. I love how big and sturdy this bag is, it will be perfect as an overnight bag for my girls or as a beach bag.


thing three: We got ourselves a proper Halloween kitten from the local shelter. We named her Kiki and she's full of energy, incredibly sweet, and so fearless. She's two months old and bravely stands up to anyone or anything getting in her way. We're all absolutely smitten with this black ball of energy, only our adorable kitty Lola isn't sure what to think right now. Hopefully they'll become good friends soon.



Thanks for stopping by. Hope you all are having a very lovely weekend. Svetlana

17 comments:

  1. Kittens are just the best, maybe she will help you to feel more centred. I can't sew much when I am restless either. And I love the bench.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new bag. I guess Noodle Head book is now on my must have list. Welcome to your new kitten, as my daughter says 'we couldn't live without cats'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bag is gorgeous Svetlana! I love that you used what you have! I know I wouldn't be able to find leather handles here either! Yours look great! I think we all get that restlessness at times....be gentle with yourself and don't stress! Hopefully your sewing mojo will return soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love little black kittens! Your bag is very pretty... I love the patchwork strip (not sure if that's a part of the pattern or not). I'll have to check the book out to see the other projects inside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love piping on upholstery type pieces. It gives such a tailored defined look to cushions. Especially contrasting piping. That tote is very nice, it looks like a piece that is here to stay, sturdy and functional.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bag! Love it and I think I must get that book

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your new bench cushion, it's so stylish! The bag is beautiful too. Our Halloween black cat says hello to your pretty kitten!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your work. It's great to hear your answer to finding focus, although it does seem that you are turning out focused projects one after the next. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Svetlanko, vase nova kocicka je roztomila :) A taska nadherna, moc se povedla!! Jola

    ReplyDelete
  10. KITTEN!! Oh, black cats are The Best Ones, there is no doubt about it. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Little black cats are the best, though I may be a bit biased. ;) The bed is getting moved out of the spare bedroom/my sewing spaced tomorrow, I'm excited to hopefully have a bit more space! A little change is exciting, that's for sure. Love the bag also!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh little Kiki is adorable!!!! I hope Lola comes around soon and they become good pals. Sounds like you've had a good week with the new kitten and redecorating. Your new cushion looks so simple and stylish. The piping is the perfect touch. What color did you paint the walls?

    I went to a workshop this weekend and everyone loved the Lola pouch you made! I told everyone you made it. Do you mind if I post a pic to Instagram for everyone who admired it in the dcmqg?

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many good news you have! I'm very glad you dod so much and even got the new family member :) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely cute kitty! I hope the two become friends quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Also, that yellow piping is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your new bench cushion is very sophisticated with the beautiful piping! (I loved the patchwork squares on your old one, too, but that's a completely different look, for sure. Your bag looks so professional and practical.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...