more pouches

Lately I've been kind of obsessed with making pouches. Especially the ones with metal zippers.


I made these super simple pouches to fit my 6" metal zippers which I bought here. And, just like with the pouches I made for my daughter's friends, I didn't follow any specific pattern. I simply cut my fabric 1" wider than the length of zipper x 4.5" and rounded the corners using a cup as a template. Very scientific, I know :).


I also added a 2" tab and a ring to the side of the pouch because I like the extra added detail. 
 Turns out it's a perfect size for my new favorite seam ripper and thread clipper, yay :)


And, while we are on topic of pouches, have you seen Chase's new fantastic tutorial for window zipper pouches? I gave it a try a while back and absolutely love this fun unique pouch. 


Chase's directions are well written with tons of clear pictures which made making this pouch a breeze. The only thing I changed was the way I attached the binding - I prefer attaching the binding first to the back and then finishing it off on the front.

I'm pretty sure I'll be making more of these cuties as they are perfect for storing lots of different supplies. I do hope you give it a try, too. You won't be disappointed.

Hope you all have a very lovely rest of the weekend. Svetlana