pouches

Apparently my middle daughter did not get the memo in which I decided not to make Christmas presents and she was disappointed that her friends (and teachers) will have to get store bought presents only this year :( .


Turns out, as much as she complains about my sewing, she actually is really proud when she can gift something made by me :). So, I decided to whip up these simple pencil pouches for her friends. I must say, I really enjoyed making the pouches - they came together super fast and the pretty fabric was such a joy to work with.


They were inspired by Krista's lovely pouches I spotted on Instagram the other day. I didn't use any specific pattern, I just made sure my fabric was the right size for these metal zippers. I used fusible fleece to make them a little bit more sturdy (and slightly squishy) and added a ribbon tab to the side.


I love this combo of metal zippers and happy fabric both on the outside of the pouches as well as the lining.

I'm glad to say my daughter was quite happy this morning as she packed the pouches in her backpack deciding which one goes to which friend :)

How about you? Are you making any last minute Christmas gifts?

Svetlana