indelible pow wow

It's been incredibly crazy busy around here in the last few days, but sadly none of it involved any sewing. You see, we bought a new house (very, very excited about that) and quickly found out moving is a lot of hard work, the stuff seems to multiply every time I look away, and boxes are not willing to pack and unpack themselves :(

Today though, I wanted to share an Indelible Pow Wow lap quilt I managed to finish right before our move.


I was happy and honored to be asked by Katarina Roccella (designer for Art Gallery Fabrics) to participate in a blog hop using her Indelible fabric line. I especially love all the beautifully saturated colors Katarina used in this collection - I even surprised myself at how much I liked these "not very me" colors :)


I've wanted to make another Pow Wow quilt for quite some time (I made one for my son's bed a while back) and Indelible seemed just the right fabric for this pattern so as soon as the fabric showed up in my mailbox I got to cutting. I love the feel of all Art Gallery fabrics - they seem to be thinner than other quilting cottons and have this amazingly beautiful drape that I absolutely adore.


I even used my long hoarded Anna Maria Horner voile for the backing. Heaven, I'm telling you, I must use voile more often to back my quilts.

Off I go now. Time to get back to turning our new house into a home.

Thanks for stopping by. Svetlana

Linking up to Finish It Up Friday.