pow wow {a finish}


Yay! The Pow Wow quilt for my son is bound, washed, dried, softened, and ready for snuggling.


It all started with this stack of fabric. I was planning on making a simple patchwork quilt for our family room, but these colors begged to become a new quilt for my son's bed. So, I went through the stack again, taking away some of the girly/ flowery fabrics, and adding a few more boy appropriate ones.


I followed Pow Wow pattern by Allison (Cluck Cluck Sew) to make the quilt top. I've loved this pattern from the moment Allison first showed it on her blog and I was really happy to give it a try. Well, happiness only lasted a while - after just a few blocks I realized that I didn't particularly like piecing triangles. Fortunately I figured that if I worked on a few blocks at a time the whole process did not seem as painful, and totally worth it.


Once the quilt top was finished, I decided hand quilting was the way to go. I must admit, my fingers are as sore as can be, but I really adore these chunky hand stitches -  they give an extra dose of charm and character to the whole quilt, don't you think?


I then used this pretty gray/ white striped Riley Blake fabric for the binding. I think it matches the quilt perfectly. I must say, I'm totally in love with this quilt. It turned out as great as I had imagined.


And, it works really well for pretend flying, too.

Wishing you all a wonderful day. Svetlana