Tuesday, April 9, 2013

works in progress

I used to be very good about finishing one project before allowing myself to start a new one. Then I found out that I prefer working on two or three projects at a time just to keep things from getting boring and tedious. Lately, however, it all spiraled out of control and I have been starting way more projects than I could possibly finish without everything piling up.

I'm thinking a list of my wips would be a good way to start tackling the backlog. Here we go.

My number one priority is finishing up this liberated baskets quilt. These beautiful springy colors and wonky baskets make me smile every time I look at my design wall (which happens a lot, btw).


I need to add a border and I sort of got stuck on that. Not sure whether to piece it from scraps of use strips of single fabric. Any suggestions?


Then there's my Marcelle Medallion. I'm so close to being done with hand quilting her. So, so close, just a few hours of watching some good TV shows and I'll be finished :)


I had a plan for these stars. Then I changed my mind and abandoned these cuties completely. I'm thinking of making a few more stars to make it at least a lap sized quilt. Chances are, though, I might just piece the ones I have and turn it into a baby quilt.


I think these Comma nine patch blocks would make a really nice wall hanging. Should be easy, right? I'll make a few more block adding some pink and blue to the mix and see where that takes me.


And then there's one more baby quilt ready for my fmq practice. Truth be told, I don't feel like doing any fmq drills right now so this quilt might stay in my unfinished pile for quite some time.

So, these are my main wips (I have quite a few pouches, bags, and pillows in the works but that doesn't count, right?). It actually feels good to see them all here as now the list does not seem as daunting as it did a while ago.

OK, off I go to get some sewing done. Hope you all have a very lovely rest of the day. Svetlana

 GRAB A BUTTON

30 comments:

  1. Your color choices for each project seem to be quite the same to me, but that's not a bad thing. In fact, I find your color combos quite refreshing! I'm impressed you are hand quilting your medallion quilt. Will love to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty array of projects- the baskets, the stars, the nine-patches, and of course, the Medallion!!! Each and everyone, I love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that all? You can do this! For the baskets, how about a no border quilt like Julie Herman has been doing. The baskets are so striking by themselves, adding a pieced border would take away from them. I think I would just back it and bind it. If you want it bigger add another row of baskets. Look at it on the wall. It looks good with a white border. How about a white tone on tone polka dot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it would look good without a border too. Black and white binding?

      Delete
  4. As long as you aren't planning on sleeping anytime soon, then it's all completely achievable! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those baskets so much. I think I need to make one tomorrow ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alright, you know I am bad at this but how about yellow with white polka dots for the border? I was thinking solid green like in your medallion but I see one of the blocks on the left edge is green. Maybe if you could move that green would work and it would fit with the "spring" color scheme?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your medallion quilt is so flat! I have total medallion envy! However did you manage? I have been following the directions and mine looks all wavy...

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many pretty things :) I can see why you are distracted!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to be the same way but got bored with one project. Now I have startitis and I have way too many projects. ALl your projects are so lovely and I will watch and wait while you finish them

    ReplyDelete
  10. I kind of think a scrappy border on the baskets . . . ?? Love your medallion - just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have no advice. As you know, I'm the queen of starting things and then not finishing...you have some great projects going on!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like all of your projects but my favorite is the liberated baskets. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 9 patch is one of my favs. Great color combo along with the texture. Nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everybody seem to have the same problem...too many unfinished projects! All of your quilts look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are all so beautiful. I try to not have too many wips because I quickly loose enthusiasm for a project and then don't want to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely beautiful! I love your Marcie Medallion Quilt. I love them all. I'm sure whatever border you choose for your "scrappy" quilt will be perfect. It's amazing. :)
    Did you make up the pattern or get it from somewhere? I'm sorry if you've already posted about it in the past. This is my first time here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your medallion quilt is really making me want to make that one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Don't ask how many started and unfinished projects are waiting over here. It makes me crazy at the moment. And when I think I'm in finishing mode a new project comes my way and I have a hard time not starting it at once. Which makes me crazy, too. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can't tell if block size the same, but have you thought of combining the stars and nine patches, think they would go well together.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your stars and nine patches - both such great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good luck! Loving that medallion :o)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like good progress on all of them! The medallion quilt is stunning so far!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So fun to see all your projects in the works! I vote for a pieced border for the basket quilt. Which is so cheery--love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. My favourite is the basket quilt - such pretty colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ha, Svetlanko, tesim se, ze v tom nelitam sama. Ted take premyslim, ze nejak nedokoncuji a navic mi ted manzel dal za ukol usit neco pro malou dcerku jeho kamarada (tasticka na zip to jisti), takze opet o vikendu nic moc neudelam (Rozarka ma navic male oslavicky svych narozenin, takze hodlam jen pojidat dort!)

    Mej krasne dny, at se dari!!!! :) J.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love all the colors. Someday I will get to making a simple star quilt. I just love them so.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the colours in your Marcelle Medallion.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...