loopy stripes

Happy Friday, everyone!

I'm over the moon happy to be able to say that session #2 of my FMQ drills is over and it went much better than session #1.


I made this stripy quilt with an idea of how I wanted to quilt it in mind. I decided to go with 3" strips of blue fabric alternating with 1.5" strips of Kona Bona because I knew the strips would be perfect to practice some fun loops on.


Oh, my! It was fun, and went fast too. I'm pretty sure the reason I was more relaxed was that I did this kind of quilting on a much smaller wall hanging before.


Also, I used all white thread in my bobbin to match the backing, but I changed my top thread to match the strips. This was a good way to camouflage some of my wonky loops :)


Once the loops were finished, I decided white strips really needed some stitching too, so I did some pretty dense straight line stitching. I absolutely love the contrast of those two very different quilting patterns.


I then attached a yellow binding (it matches those tiny yellow boats on the backing perfectly) and one fun little baby boy quilt was finished.


Hope you all have a very lovely weekend. Svetlana

Linking up to AmandaJean's Finish it up Friday.