more pillows....

You know how much I love making pillows, right? In my opinion one can't possibly have too many pillows, period.


I've finished this butterfly pillow for my swap partner in The Pillow Talk Swap 9. I do love this swap, and the amount of totally amazing pillows that people come up with is simply stunning. 

  
Here it is, all nice, and plump, and squishy. I did some straight line quilting about 1/2" apart, used this lovely Liberty fabric for the backing, and finished it off with solid green binding. I was not sure about this green color at first, but now that I see it all finished I think it calms all these colors and patterns so well and complements the whole pillow quite nicely. To read more about making these butterfly blocks and Rita's fantastic tutorial, click here.


And, in my manic need to make more pillows, I made this chevron one to match my son's Pow Wow quilt. I used HSTs that were left over from making the quilt, did some simple hand quilting, installed an invisible zipper (BTW the zipper is a little more visible than I would like, but I'll live with that), and that was it.


I think this penguin fabric I used for the pillow back is totally irresistible. How imaginative, right? Who wouldn't love penguins with newsprint bellies?


Before I go, here's a sneak peek of a pillow I'm working on for my friend Kristie. We decided to do a little swap, I'm making her a pillow and she's knitting a cowl for me. Yay! I'm using this tutorial to paper piece these tiny blocks. 

Wishing you all a wonderful rest of the day. Svetlana