mending


Do you mend your clothes? I admit, until very recently I didn't really give mending a second thought and simply got rid of any clothes that were worn out or had holes. Recently though I've been doing a lot of reading on mending as well as ways of living a more sustainable life so, naturally, when my favorite jeans developed these unsightly rips I decided it was time to put my newly acquired knowledge to use :)




I used a small embroidery hoop to keep the area I was working on nice and tight. I then pinned and slip stitched a patch to cover the most worn area.


Once the patch was securely stitched on I raided my sashiko thread stash and  added large stitches all across and around the patch.

I love how it all turned out and surprisingly the whole process was pretty quick so I'm definitely calling it a success. Such a fun, super satisfying project indeed :)

I'm now ready to tackle a lot more mending. How about you? 

Svetlana