my patchwork rug in LPQ magazine

I few months ago I was asked to design a round patchwork rug for Love Patchwork and Quilting magazine. Eeeek, I'm sure you can imagine how super excited and honored I felt. So, of course I said yes, and got to work right away.


Look, here it is, my beautifully presented Floor Filler in issue 24 of Love Patchwork and Quilting magazine which has been out in the UK for a while and should be hitting US stores any day now. Totally stalking my Joann store so I can snatch a few copies as soon as they arrive :).


I used some of my very favorite Cotton and Steel fabrics to make the rug and I absolutely adore the way it turned out. I think it would look super cute in little girl's room, don't you? Or used as a sweet little floor mat for a baby to play on.


Oh, the possibilities!!! Isn't sewing the best? I can't stop marveling at the amount of beautiful things we can create using some fabric and thread. And so today, even more than usual, I'm reminded of what a blessing this gift of sewing is to me.

Thanks for reading, friends.

Hope you have a super exciting and happy week ahead of you. My highlights will definitely be taking my middle schooler and her friends to meet some famous YouTube star and teaching my high schooler how to drive. Should be fun :). Wish me luck. Svetlana