blogger's spring quilt festival 2015

Hello, happy Saturday to you all!

Can you believe Blogger's Quilt Festival is already here? I must admit, it sort of crept up on me this year but I'm glad to have a chance to talk about one of my very favorite quilts once again. 


I pieced this My Way Home quilt using a combination of cotton, linen, and corduroy fabrics and I knew right from the beginning I'd be hand quilting it.


Because to me, this very simple patchwork was just a perfect canvas to showcase hundreds and hundreds of small hand stitches. I used Perle Cotton #8 for hand quilting and the final texture of the quilt is just incredible. I wish you could touch and feel how soft and drapey this quilt became.


And since this quilt was about getting out of my comfort zone and trying out some new things, I decided to forgo the usual binding and finished the quilt without it. I've seen quite a few Kantha quilts being finished this way so I thought why not?

Finished size of this quilt is 49" x 58".

http://amyscreativeside.com/bloggers-quilt-festival/

I'm submitting it to Hand Quilted category over at Amy's. Hope you're submitting some of your quilts (up to two entries are allowed) and you'll stop by to see all the amazing beauties already showcased.

Wishing you all a very lovely weekend. Svetlana