grocery bags

Hello, hope everyone's weekend is off to a great start. I'm so happy to say that after a week of dreadfully gloomy cold and rainy weather the sun showed up this morning and it feels glorious!!!!

So, to my children's dismay, I decided this was a perfect day to clean the house, and I mean really clean, everything top to bottom :) We're about half way done now but I gave everyone a short break and decided to pop in to show you what I've been working on over the last few days.

Ta-da!!! Grocery bags! Very glamorous, right?

See, Chicago is on a brink of banning plastic bags in stores and it was just the right push I needed to finally make myself a few of these fantastic reusable bags. I used Michelle's Grocery Bag pattern . It is such a perfectly perfect pattern.


I love the shape of the bag, it's exactly like the plastic bag at the store, and it's so quick to make. I love how there's no boxing up the bottom, so it saves tons of time, yet it's a wonderfully roomy bag.


At first I was slightly reluctant to use some of my "prettier" fabrics for these bags, but I decided since I'll be using them on a regular basis it totally made sense to choose fabrics I really like.

Now I'm seriously looking forward to going grocery shopping :)

Tell me, are you using reusable grocery bags? Do you have a certain go to pattern you like to make?

Off I go now, more cleaning to be done, and then grocery shopping - yay! Svetlana