coasters and a tote bag

Remember how I talked about having leftover patchwork from my tote bag turned pillow in my previous post? Well, I used those "leftovers" to make coasters :)
 

I first stitched all the smaller patchwork pieces to form one big slab which I subcut into twelve 4" x 4" squares. I then used the same method as the one described here for finishing coasters.


I'm pretty sure we have enough coasters for now :)


And, in case you wondered, I did make a new super simple linen tote bag. It's pretty big (easily fits a twin sized quilt).


And is double sided because I could not decide whether I liked the red or that mustardy yellow linen better :)

Now, this is not my usual style of a tote bag, but I quite like it. I only wish I had some leather handles on hand. I think they could take this simple tote to the next level. For now, though, I'm quite happy with the way it turned out.

Thanks for stopping by. Svetlana