paper piecing

I've been into paper piecing lately. And while I worked mostly on epp hexie flowers, I decided to change things up a little bit and dab into some foundation paper piecing.


I just love how this sweet Happy Hexagon Trivet from Ayumi's Patchwork, Please! book turned out. It was such a fun little project and I got to play with my scraps, too. Totally a win - win combination.


The thing I probably like the most about foundation paper piecing is that all the points turn out perfectly pointy. Love, love, love!!!


Here's the back of my trivet. I was a little worried about the binding as I have never bound a hexagon shaped anything beofre, but Ayumi gave such great instructions in her book that everything turned out great without any hiccups.


Keeping in with my newfound love for paper piecing, I've also started another epp project - Katy's Spring Carnival. I've had my eye on this pillow for quite some time, but it all seemed so very complicated and I was not sure if my epp skills were up to this challenge.


I was so happy to find out that it was not as scary as it seemed at first, and I'm enjoying working on this pillow a lot. Oh, and it's such a great portable project, too. I made almost the whole flower while waiting for my kids in the pick-up lane this afternoon.

Have a lovely day everyone. Svetlana

Liking up to AmandaJean's Finish it up Friday.