sprucing things up

Our living/ dining/ family room is the most used room in the house. That's where we eat, read, play, watch TV, do homework, and I sew. I'm telling you, lots of action happening in that one room every single day. So, over the weekend, my husband and I decided to spruce things up a bit and splurged on a new dining table as well as a new couch. I know, happy day!


New couch, of course, needed some pretty pillows, because the ones it came with were simply boring. I decided to use a charm pack of Boho by Urban Chiks (this might be my most favorite fabric collection at the moment) to make new pillow covers.



They both are about 18" square and so wonderfully plump. I used home decor fabric from my stash for their backings and finished them both by installing invisible zippers. 


I love how they turned out and they definitely make our couch so much more cheerful and cozy. Lola thinks so too, as it's become our fluffy girl's favorite spot to nap.