marcelle medallion {blogger's quilt festival}

First off, thank you for all the kind and encouraging words I received from so many of you over the last few days. Unfortunately the toe is still as broken as it was a few days ago (of course it takes weeks for these things to get back to normal, I'm just too impatient), but I can sort of walk without crutches now, yay!!! Hopefully I'll get back to my machine soon, fingers crossed :)


I know many of you have seen this quilt before, but since we're allowed to submit two quilts to Blogger's Quilt Festival, I decided to enter my Marcelle Medallion in hand quilted category.


I so very much loved working on this quilt. I wanted to make a medallion quilt for quite a while and once I came across Alexia Abegg's Marcelle Medallion quilt pattern in her Liberty Love book I knew this was a quilt for me.


Once the quilt top was finished, hand quilting it seemed the only way to go.


I did not want the quilting to compete with the pattern of the quilt, so I used hand quilting thread to outline all the shapes and borders. It makes for lovely stitches that disappear into an overall design, adding the extra dimension without standing out too much.


Oh, I so love how the quilting looks on the back.

Finished size of this quilt is 58" x 58" and you can read my original post on this quilt here.

Thanks for reading. Svetlana