marcelle medallion {a finish}


Last night I finished hand quilting my Marcelle Medallion. And it felt good. I really enjoyed piecing and then quilting it, but it was time to check it off the wip list.


I did a lot of hand quilting outlining all the shapes and borders (those geese and triangles took quite some time, I must say).


I usually go with perle cotton or embroidery thread for hand quilting, but this time I decided to use regular hand quilting thread. It's thin yet very strong and it produces quilting that does not call attention to itself, it lets the fabric and design shine instead.


I used Lecien flower sugar wreath in yellow for the backing and  I just adore how hand quilting adds so much texture to this beautiful fabric.


I think this black and white text print frames and finishes off the quilt and complements all that color and patterns perfectly.


Finished size of this quilt is 58" x 58", I used pattern from the book Liberty Love by Alexia Marcelle Abegg - love, love, love this book, it's full of fantastic projects.

You can read more about the process of making this quilt by clicking here, here, here and here.

This quilt is for sale. To go to my Etsy store click here.

Wishing you all a very lovely weekend. Svetlana

Linking up to AmandaJean's Finish it up Friday.