thursday randomness

I started making a new purse/ handbag for myself. My old one is still sort of OK, but it's definitely seem better days and it's time for a replacement.


I'm making this bag up as I go, the only guide being a very unclear idea in my head of what I want it to look like. I seem to forget that while it's great to improvise when making quilts, it might not be the best strategy for making handbags. We'll see how it all ends up, I'll let you know.


I've also been hand stitching a storm on my Single Girl. It's coming along very nicely and I'm happy to say I only have a few more arches to quilt and I'll be finished, yay!!! It's time to start thinking about the binding. Any ideas?


And, this stack of books has been keeping me a company for a few days now, tempting me so very much to give printing a try. One of these days, I hope.

Now, this last thing is even more random than others. Does anyone's cat like to sleep on their laptop, too? Our Lola LOVEs it. Seriously, how weird is that?