log cabin + spiral quilting

 I spent every minute of my free time for the last two weeks cutting, pressing, sewing, and quilting. You see, for some reason I felt compelled to give myself a lot of self-imposed deadlines which resulted in frantic sewing. Not the best idea, since now I have a giant pile of laundry plus tons of housework to catch up with :(


At least I have this nice stack of goodies to show for all that insanity. Not bad, right? So, today I'd like to show you one of the finishes -  Kiss the Cook log cabin quilt.


I love how bright and happy this quilt is. All those whimsical little cooks make such perfect centers for the log cabins.


 I'm glad to say that all the fabric for this quilt came from my stash. Yay!!!


My favorite part, though, is the quilting. Doesn't it look wonderful? Thank you for all your lovely advice and encouragement. I'm so glad I went with this spiral quilting. I worried about the finished quilt being too stiff but it's not. It has such a lovely texture.


I started my spiral a little off center to give it an interesting effect and using my walking foot I quilted all the spirals about 1/2" apart. The only tricky part was the couple of first spirals as they are so small and I had to keep turning my quilt many times. Going slowly and being patient was definitely the key.


I bound the quilt using aqua gingham from The Simple Life collection, I think it gives it just the right finishing touch.

I had my doubts while working on this quilt, especially when it came to border and then quilting, but now that it's all finished it's definitely one of my very favorite quilts I made so far.

Be back soon to show you more of my finishes. Hope you all have a lovely day. Svetlana

Linking up to Made by me Wednesdays.