kiss the cook {log cabin quilt top}

It's been cold, windy, and so extremely unpleasant outside for the last couple of days, that the only reasonable thing to do was to stay indoors. No complaints here, though, since I had this stack of lovelies to keep me from getting a cabin fever.


 This cheater print was in my stash for quite some time. I adore all these fun little cooks, but I was totally stuck on how to use it. I thought of turning it into a tote bag, or a pillow, or even an apron, yet every time it ended up just being put back into the stash.


So, I finally decided to cut it up, and use individual pictures as centers for my log cabin blocks. Aren't they the sweetest? 


This one is my absolute favorite :)


  I then used white and gray polka dotty fabric for the sashing, and some more Pearl bracelets for the border. I also decided to add a yellow strip of fabric to both the top and the bottom of the quilt - somehow I felt that this particular quilt needed to be rectangular, not square.

Now I just need to think about how to quilt it. Any ideas? I'm thinking some overall quilting is the way to go.

Hope you all stay safe and warm. Svetlana

Grab a button