It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

I know, there's tons of posts with this title already, I just could not help myself. Just 11 days till Christmas!!! And even though it's been raining all night, and will probably keep raining all day, inside it does feel like Christmas is coming. We've been gradually bringing out holiday decorations, having lots of fun going through our ornaments, especially the ones my children "worked on" when they were younger. All I can say is that a lot of our ornaments are handmade and scribbled on.

And, I finally, finally made a Christmas table runner. I wanted to make one for a long time, I just could not decide on design. The inspiration came from Leanne's quilt. I absolutely fell in love when I saw it on her blog. Thanks for sharing, Leanne. There's something about those wonky stars and Christmas that go together so well.

I went pretty traditional with this runner - red and green, stars, and stitch in the ditch quilting.

In spite of all the traditional elements, I think it goes really well with our very modern and unusual fluffy white Christmas tree.

Once my runner was finished, I went ahead and worked on a Christmas pillow. This time I decided to take a different route - no Christmas fabric, no traditional colors, and this was the result.


My very favorite part is this small star.
I decided wonky was the way to go. I love how freeing it is, no precise measuring, no worrying about cutting off triangles' tips.


And now I've fallen under the "wonky star spell" because I can't stop making them. I'll show you more of my wonky star projects next time. 

What have you been up to? Are you doing any Christmas sewing? I have a few more presents to make but keep telling myself there's still time.

Svetlana