FWQAL blocks 3, 7, 8, and 10



As promised, here are  more details about the remaining 4 blocks from yesterday post.

block #3 Basket
I wasn't really keen on this block at the beginning but now that it's done I kind of like it.


block #7 Birds in the Air
I approached this block with much trepidation, seeing those tiny triangles made my head spin. I was actually surprised at how well it came together. However, I should have chosen different fabrics since it's hard to see the "birds", it's a little too busy. Oh, well. Live and learn.

block #8 Bouquet


block #10 Bowtie
Compared to Birds in the Air block,  Bouquet and especially Bowtie blocks were a piece of cake. I just wish there were more easy ones like that in the book.

It's pretty obvious that I'm not following the quilt-along's schedule. I was supposed to do 2 blocks per week, I made 9 instead. The thing is, such long term project just does not work for me. I have to finish this quilt ASAP because it's making me very, very anxious. So, from now on, I'll try to make as many blocks as I can, no holding back, and I'll be posting my finished blocks as I go.

Enjoy your day, Svetlana