3" Tumbler and HST pillows

My plan for this week was to finish Sliced Coins quilt and start cutting into Loulouthi stash for Across the Sea quilt along. Plus, I have two pillow tops that need to be finished and a baby quilt I'd like to donate to 100 quilts for kids. As I was "planning" how to tackle all these projects I ended up somewhere completely different. I can't even believe how far I've strayed - I made two new pillows. Forget the ones I started a few days ago,  I made two very unplanned, colorful pillows that make me so happy just looking at them.

I asked my son if he wanted to go outside and help me take some pictures of new pillows. What can I say? It was great fun. He didn't realize it was really a small pillow, not a quilt, he was holding.

HST (half-square triangle) pillow's finished size is 18 x 18 inches.

I actually had all these triangles cut, sewn, and trimmed ever since I made my HST quilt. These were the squares I decided not to use in the quilt. And I'm really glad I did that. I love the quilt being in all cool colors and pillow being warms.

For my Tumbler pillow I used Go!cutter and 3.5" tumbler die.

I went with polka dots and solids, alternating each and making sure no two same colors were next to each other. I framed it with white border and simply finished it off using envelope closure (I was out of zippers and it HAD TO be finished) on the back. This pillow is 16 x 16 inches.
I'm thinking it was worth straying from my original plan and making these two happy guys. What do you think?

Have a wonderful day, everyone. Svetlana