when not sewing ...


Sewing is my most favorite pastime ever. But, it has become my full time job as of late as well, so I've been trying to find other crafts I can do to mix things up a bit to prevent sewing burnout.

I've been a huge admirer of all the fabulous punch needle projects I've been seeing on Instagram so a few months back I purchased the supplies needed - Amy Oxford punch needle and monk's cloth, plus a few balls of bulkier yarn and I was good to go. 


I must say, I didn't really love the whole process as much as I expected. I changed my mind on the design a gazillion times and as you can see from my monk cloth above I did my share of pulling all the yarn out and restarting over and over. 


I managed to finally finish this pillow though and while it's far from perfect I do quite like it. Now just to decide on what to punch next :)


I've also been doing a bit of weaving. Again, nothing too complicated, just some super fun yarn play to show off all the lovely textures.


Here's the weaving I made for our kitchen. It's simple but very sweet and makes me smile every time I pass by it. And that's what it's about, right? 


I started a new wall hanging over the weekend and this fluffy baby was absolutely mesmerized by the whole process :). Super fun!

How about you? Do you like to mix things up or do you stick to one craft only? Do tell.

Wishing you all a happy and creative day. 

Svetlana