a bit of screen printing


It's been so long since I last did any screen printing I started worrying I wouldn't remember how to do it anymore :(. Thankfully though once I set up my work area and pulled my first print I was happily surprised to see how quickly it all came back to me. Yay!

I used my Mushroom print on Essex linen to make a pillow cover and I absolutely love the way this pillow looks in our living room.



I used Erin Dollar's (cotton and flax) print for the backing and added and invisible zipper for a clean, polished finish. Do you work with invisible zippers? I used to be quite intimidated by them but then I found fabulous tutorials by Rachel (stitched in color) and Katie (Sew Katie Did) and they both explain the process so well that an invisible zipper is my go to way of finishing pillows most of the time now.



And, while I was at it, I printed a few panels for my stash. I'm so happy with how all these prints came out and can't wait to turn them into fun, useful projects soon.

Today though it's back to Christmas present sewing for me. I only have a few things to finish up and I'll be ready for some serious handmade gifting this year :)

How about you? Any handmade gifts still on your list?

Svetlana