weaving ~ trying something new


I'm a firm believer in working hard and doing one's best but also in slowing down, taking things easy, relaxing, and doing things just for fun. I also think it's very, very important to try and learn new things. I've wanted to explore weaving for quite some time and this past week I finally made it a priority. Oh, it was fun! It feels great to be a beginner. You know, when you still don't know how things "should" be done so you dare to do it your way, when it's totally ok to make mistakes (it actually is always ok to make mistakes, we just put too much pressure on ourselves).


 I pulled out my loom (purchased from here a while ago) and a supply of random yarn, watched a Weaving for Beginners class on Creativebug, and got to work.



I decided to go with very simple stripe pattern using different thicknesses of yarn (inspired by @blanc_laine's beautiful work) and I just love, love, love how it all came together.


I added a long fringe to the bottom and used a 12'' wooden dowel and leather string for hanging.

I love it!


I think it looks absolutely adorable and I'll be definitely exploring weaving more in the future.

How about you? Have you tried something new recently? Or are planning to?

Hope you all have a fun and creative day. Svetlana