minimalist patchwork pillow


I am a huge fan of Louise Gray's beautifully modern quilts and home decor. So, when I was trying to come up with an idea for a new pillow cover for our living room I decided a Louise Gray inspired pillow was finally in order :)



Super simple, isn't it? That's what I love about it.

I turned the pillow top into a small quilt sandwich by adding thin cotton batting and backing fabric, and did a bit of hand quilting using sashiko thread.


And then I used this lovely striped fabric from my stash for the pillow back and added an invisible zipper.


I think it will fit right in with its other "pillow friends" :).

♥ ♥ ♥

And now I'm curious. Do you like making pillow covers? If so what kind of closure do you like most? Invisible zipper, regular zipper, envelope closure, or perhaps buttons? Do tell. I'd love to know.

Talk to you soon. Svetlana