cora handbag (new pdf pattern)

Hello everyone!

I have a new bag pattern to show you today, I hope you like it as much as I do :)


This is Cora, a beautifully stylish everyday handbag.


Finished size: 12 ½” wide x 11” tall x 4” deep.

I love her classic shape and how super sturdy and roomy she is. Plus, she's not too complicated to make. And, if zippers scare you, you can totally omit the zipper closure and use magnetic snap instead. Or no closure at all. It's totally up to you.



Special features: inset zipper closure, two exterior slip pockets, inner zipper pocket, inner slip pocket.

Materials needed to make Cora:
fabric A (main exterior) – ¾ yard
fabric B (contrasting exterior bottom + straps) – ¾ yard
fabric C (lining) – ¾ yard
SF 101 interfacing (or other medium weight fusible interfacing of choice) – 3 yards
Pellon FF78F1 Flex-Foam (or byAnnie's Soft and Stable) – ¾ yard
one - 7” long metal or nylon zipper
one - 18” long metal or nylon zipper
one – zipper pull (optional)


♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

And, as always, I had help from some amazingly talented ladies who tested my pattern and gave feedback on how to make it better and more user friendly. Thank you, ladies. I greatly appreciate your talent and willingness to share.

Ready to see some stunning Coras? Here we go!


This beauty is made by Cindy. I'm totally in love with her combination of this striking graphic fabric and faux leather bottom and handles. 


Kerry used my very favorite fabric at the moment - Maker Maker linen for her exterior and she opted not to add zipper to her bag but used magnetic snap closure instead. Love how it turned out.


Rachel combined Carolyn Friedlander linen and Liberty of London to make her beautiful Cora. I'm so in love with this bag.


This gorgeous handbag is made by super talented Mary. Love, love, love !!!


Lacey used another Maker Maker print to make her Cora. Love these adorable cats so much :)


And how fun is this Mickey Mouse bag made by Laura? Adorable and stylish all in one package. 


Last, but definitely not least, is this pretty Cora by Michelle, ♥ ♥ ♥

I love seeing all these gorgeous versions of the same bag. Totally makes me want to drop everything and start cutting another Cora for myself :).


♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

You can purchase Cora pattern by going to my etsy shop or by clicking directly on the link below. And, for the next 48 hours I'm offering the pattern at an introductory price of $6.00 (after that the price will go up to its regular $8.00) special offer has expired now, thank you



Happy sewing, friends. Svetlana