things change ...


I've been sewing and quilting for about 5 years now and the other day I was quite surprised to realize how much my style and projects I like to make keep changing. I used to be all about color, complicated patchwork, and I generally went by "the more the better" rule :)

Lately though I like simple, almost minimalist projects. I love muted colors, simple piecing, and I especially love adding leather accents to my projects.


This little coaster/ potholder made with some of my screen printed scraps, big stitch quilting using sashiko thread, and a little leather tab is a perfect example of a project I love making these days. No fussy patterns, simple lines, muted colors. Love, love, love !!!


Oh, and the pouches. I so, so love making and gifting pouches of all kinds. Especially when I get to play with metal zippers and striped ribbon.


And, I greatly enjoy finding ways to incorporate leather into my small projects. I had this idea of making a leather patch with my logo to add to a pouch recently and I'm super excited that it actually worked out.


All I needed to make my patch was a trimmed piece of veg tanned leather (I bought a scrap pack here), leather hole punch, stamp, and ink pad. I then added it to a finished pouch using rivets.

Easy peasy, and super fun.


I'm drawn to simple shapes, colors, and general simplicity when it comes to quilting as well. I can't wait to finish and show you this whole cloth quilt I've been working on while I watch Netflix in the evenings. Yes, hand quilting and Netflix are my favorite thing to do once the kids are in bed. I guess some things do stay the same :).

I'm curious to know. Have you noticed shifts and changes in your sewing/ quilting style? Do tell.

Svetlana