Monday, May 2, 2016

#mayisformakers {the circle box}

Hello friends,

I'm sure many of you came across Lindsey's campaign (#mayisformakers) to consciously support and thus show our love and appreciation to indie pattern designers through the month of May. Being a pattern designer myself, and facing many dilemmas Lindsey addresses in her blog post, I was more than happy to jump right in and purchase my first pattern for May.


 And, of course I had to try it out right away :). Thankfully it rained all day yesterday which made it a perfectly perfect day to do all this slow, very enjoyable and meditative hand stitching.
 


I used Cotton and Steel fabric for my little box and I absolutely love how it turned out. Pretty charming, isn't it? I can't wait for another rainy day to whip up another one of these cuties.



The box I made is a larger one - 6" diameter, and the pattern includes instructions for a 4" box as well. I think this one will be great to keep my thread organized while I do some hand stitching.


Hope some of you will be able to join #mayisformakers as well. Can't wait to see your pattern picks and makes. Let's show some love and support, shall we? 

Wishing you all a super lovely week. Svetlana


17 comments:

  1. oh yeah, that's super cute! I need to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! And a great idea for May! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little box is adorable, love the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet little box. I wanted to check it out....until you said hand stitching. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! And...where did you get your scissors? (I need to replace a 43 year old pair!) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got them on Etsy, but they are more for decoration than function as they are a bit too heavy.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The box looks wonderful!And the fabric is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made 3 of the smaller size for my daughter's teacher gifts last year ... they were perfect for that. I'm thinking of making a "just in case" batch to use as wrapping of little gifts ... or how cute would Christmas ones be?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a wonderful taste on fabric !!! Do you have the designer's name ? The horse print ! Please let me know. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's by Cotton and Steel, not exactly sure which designer though :(

      Delete
  10. This is so cool, such a nifty container to make! And I love the horse fabric, it fits this perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your photos are always so great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm inspired by your choice of fabrics. And I love that the pattern designer used EPP for hers. It's a great way to do just a little EPP (which is all I want to do -- little bits) and put it to beautiful use.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi ! I ordered the pattern and cut everything as directed. I glue Basted and began to hand stitch and my rectangles are too large for my circles -all of them. Did you have this same thing happen? Was I supposed to add a seam allowance to the circles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so sorry to hear that, I cut everything just as instructed in the pattern and all my panels fit without any problems. Hope you find out where the mistake happened soon .

      Delete
  14. Oh my it didn't print to scale ( the circles) so when I traced them they were too small. Next box will be better!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...