lately ...

Hello, happy Monday to you all!

It's been a while, hasn't it? Ever since I started this blog five years ago I never stayed away from blogging for this long. Lately I've been feeling increasingly overwhelmed as there didn't seem to be enough hours in a day to finish all the tasks I planned, so this little break from social media (and my manic need to create no matter what) was just what I needed to catch up a bit.



I didn't stay away from creating for too long though. I did a lot of screen and block printing and I'm super excited about the quilt in the picture above as I only used solids and my screen printed fabric to make it. A lot more photos and a full blog post on this quilt coming just as soon as the weather cooperates :).


I'm in the process of listing some of the screen printed fabric panels in my Etsy shop, as well. I'll let you know when it all goes live (possibly this Wednesday).



And, I'm kind of obsessed with sketching these fun mushroom looking line drawings. I'm very seriously considering turning that giant one into a screen printed pillow.


Oh, and I have to show you Alice (Singer 338), the newest addition to my studio before I go. I was originally looking for a Singer Featherweight (which is quite pricey these days), so when I came across this beauty for a measly $20 at Salvation Army store, I knew she was destined to come home with me. I think there are a lot of beautifully stitched bags in our future.

Off I go, still lots of things to be done as tomorrow is my children's last day of school. I think our school district might be trying to kill off all the parents by letting the kids out so early :).

Wish me luck. Svetlana