baby trip around the world


Last week, completely out of nowhere and without much thinking, I started making a Trip Around the World quilt. It was all so sudden, I just kind of looked at the enormous "stash" of scraps threatening to take over my studio and started cutting. Yes, I definitely need to work on my impulse control as I had neither time nor any need for this quilt :(.


At least I stopped myself after nine blocks, just enough for a baby quilt.

I used Bonnie Hunter's very popular tutorial to make my blocks and I absolutely loved how fun and relaxed it was to piece them.


I decided to tie the quilt as all these colors and pattern reminded me of vintage quilts and I thought
little white ties in the middle of each square would make it look pretty charming. 


Of course I totally underestimated how many little knots I'd have to make and my poor fingers were sore for days. I still think it was worth it though :).


QUILT STATS
finished size: 36" square
fabrics used: different scraps from my stash
batting: Warm and White

Talk to you soon. Svetlana

Linking up to Finish it up Friday over at Crazy Mom Quilts.