Thursday, December 3, 2015

handmade style basket


Somehow I haven't felt like sewing much lately. I decided not to stress too much about it as I have plenty to do around the house to keep myself busy :) and I knew the need and desire to sew would show up sooner rather than later.

Which is exactly what happened. As soon as I saw Anna's (noodlehead) new vignette basket I knew I needed to make one right away.


This is a second basket I made using Anna's pattern (included in her beautiful book Handmade Style) and I absolutely love how it turned out. Plus, you know what? The fabric I used for the front and back of the basket is my own block printed fabric which made using it that much more fun.


I used some of my very favorite text linen from my stash for the sides and I think the fabrics play together quite nicely. And, to save myself some work, I used leather instead of making fabric tabs to attach my webbing handles.


I worried a bit about stitching through leather at first, but my machine proved to be a great trooper and sewed without any hiccups. She is definitely the best, that lovely Juki machine of mine :).

Wishing you all a super lovely day. Svetlana

16 comments:

  1. I loved your own printed fabric and wondered what you would make with it - wow, what a beautiful bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous S, especially with your own fabulous fabric in it! I can think of lots of wonderful uses for this shape of basket! Hope you are doing ok! Much love, Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you used your own fabric in this! And such an awesome basket, Noodlehead always has such good patterns. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great basket. BTW I used your hidden zipper pillow closure recently (after a friend told me about your tutorial). It was great....thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a copy of Anna's book that will be in my hands shortly and I will be making this basket for gifts for Xmas! I have lots of scraps of ultrasuede and leather that will be great for the handles. Your basket is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done, Svetlana! I've got to get my hands on a copy of that book. I've seen so many beautiful creations from it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful basket. For the last month, I have had zero energy to sew. Bad time of the year for that to occur! But I'm trying to go easy on myself--I know it will return after the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Svetlanko, tak ten boxik je teda uzasny! Moc se povedl :) Pa, Jola

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your hand printed fabric--in everything you're making!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are Number 1 in Accounting Assignment Help - Accounting Homework Help. Hire us for Accounting Term Papers and Accounting Projects. Accounting Help

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our website is number 1 in ASP Assignment Help and ASP.net Homework Help. This is preferred destination for various students to get their ASP Projects and Homework Done. ASPHelpOnline.com is easily the number 1 destination to get ASP help. ASP Help Onlinee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our website is number 1 in Auditing Assignment Help and Auditing Homework Help. This is preferred destination for various students to get their Audit Projects and Homework Done. auditing homework solutions

    ReplyDelete
  13. Electrical Engineering AutoCad Assignment Help, Online AutoCad Homework & Autocad Project Help Electrical Engineering AutoCAD Help Introduction AutoCAD Electrical design software application is AutoCAD for controls designers. Electrical Engineering Homework Help

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are No. 1 in Electronics Engineering Assignment Help; Hire us for your Electronics Engineering Project and Homework Help. Electronics Engineering Assignments

    ReplyDelete
  15. Graphing functions MathCad Help, MathCad Assignment & Homework Help, MathCad Project Help. Each trace on a graph depends on a range variable, and Mathcad graphs one point for each value in the range variable. Graphing functions MathCad Assignment Help

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...