Monday, December 7, 2015

black and white


I've been a fan of bold black and white projects for quite some time. So yesterday, after spotting this super lovely print on Pinterest I decided a black and white Christmas tree pillow was a must :).


I used this ruler to cut my triangles and this technique to piece them all together. And, my triangles were cut 3.5" tall. I sort of winged the whole thing and cut fabric as I went so I'm even more pleased with how it turned out.


 I used Time Warp bark cloth for the backing. It's quite sturdy and makes for a wonderful pillow backing without having to use any kind of interfacing. And, I once again installed an invisible zipper. I love how quick and super polished these are.


I continued with my black and white theme as I practiced line drawing. Doesn't this look like such a good calming exercise? I'm really glad I watched Basic Line Drawing class on Creative Bug, I learned so much. I think I might try to turn this drawing into a fabric print. First I have to figure out how to properly prepare the screens, though :).


And, speaking of fabric, this new design I worked on was totally inspired by both the pillow and my sketchbook line drawing. Don't you just love when things work in harmony like that? 

What have you been up to this weekend? Any new skills you're learning? I'd love to know. 

Svetlana

12 comments:

  1. A lovely pillow! I love the contrast of black and white and made two pillows with additional red spots.
    At the moment I'm learning patience. I got ill and cannot sit so well. So I have to wait the say come along laying at the sofa. ;) Not my best skill at all. ;D
    Greetings, Rike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Svetlana: When you get a moment, would you please tell us how you do your straight line quilting? Am curious if you do directional sewing or if it doesn't really matter. Lois

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i couldn't figure out how to add my ID so i appear as "unknown" but I do follow your blog, I love EVERY STINKING thing you sew and wish I lived closer to you so I could pop over to have a girl's sewing day. Hugs. Lois (LAStitchesLLC@gmail.com)

      Delete
  3. Another beautiful finish! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your fabric, it's just lovely! You have such talent with designing your fabric prints. Also, your pillow could be up all year around, that's my kind of Christmas tree! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the latest triangle print - now I wonder what your creativeness will turn it into :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite Holiday quilted piece yet! So sophisticated! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yeah, an invisible zipper! I've had that tree image pinned for a bit too. Your pillow looks great as always;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love your perfect design. And everything you have created❄️

    ReplyDelete
  9. i just saw your pillow and was hoping there was a tutorial. Thanks so much for sharing this :) I'm loving your line drawings. (I'm taking a beginning watercolor class, and your work looks like so much more fun.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. mmm.. black and white. So good! I love that something so simple always looks so sharp. Your line drawing is very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...