Wednesday, October 7, 2015

trees!

For some reason I started my day feeling all grumpy and tired, totally not in a mood for anything :(. 


So I decided to take a break from things that needed my attention and made this super lovely and happy looking block using AmandaJean's pattern Trees! . You know what? This was just what I needed and things suddenly didn't seem as gloomy anymore :). I'm sure you know what I mean, right?

This block is inspired by Mary's fabulous mini. I'm thinking of making a few more trees and combining them with my sawtooth star blocks into one fun red and white Christmas quilt.


And now it's back to deadline sewing. Lots of binding to hand stitch.

Have a lovely rest of the day, friends. Svetlana

Linking up to Lee's WIP Wednesday.

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE this tree block! And your star blocks too! Star blocks have been on my list FOREVER!
    Here's to a better day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! I think I should try this for a cute Christmas mini!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love trees! Especially real ones - they have such healing power! Like you I needed to work on something that I connected with, and completely ignored all the deadline stuff! I ended my day in a much better mood than I started! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it-I have her trees quilt on my hope to make someday list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is awesome...now i kind of want to make a christmas tree quilt...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Krasne, Svetlanko, moc se ti blok povedl. Uz se tesim, jak bude vanocni deka vypadat :) Mej krasne dny! J.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The stripy binging is adorable and really sets that off :) your tree block is cute too... we all need to take a break and get inspiration sometimes! Lucy x Hopping over from Freshly Pieced! www.crazyforpurple.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your little red and white tree! What a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tis' the season....almost anyways ; )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! I love the idea of a Christmas quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...