simple does it

Last time I went to Ikea I found the squishiest rectangular pillow form ever. And since I adore both squishy and rectangular pillows, I simply had to take it home with me :).


My plan was to make a simple, low-key pillow cover. I was going for that old time-y feel so I used mostly light colored scraps plus some of the beautiful men's shirt fabric my friend Jamie sent me a while back.


I also went with a super simple backing and very minimal quilting. And, I adhered fusible fleece to both front and back panel before quilting them.


Originally I was going to install my trusty hidden zipper closure. At the last minute, though, I decided to do an invisible zipper. And I'm so glad I did. I think it fits this pillow well and I'm pretty impressed with how invisible the zipper really is.

In case you wonder about measurements, the pillow form is 16" tall x 26" wide.
I cut 25 - 3.5" x 5.5"  rectangles and the finished pillow cover measures 15" x 25" - I always make my pillow covers slightly smaller than forms as this prevents floppy, lifeless pillows :).

Thanks for reading. Svetlana