handmade style basket

Anna's blog (noodlehead) was one of the first blogs I discovered when I started sewing and I've admired her gorgeously refined style and eye for color ever since. I made tons of bags and pouches using Anna's patterns and her free tutorials. So, of course when I heard she wrote a book I rushed to pre-order my copy and I was anxiously waiting for it to arrive.

Well, the book finally landed in my mailbox yesterday afternoon and what a treat it is. It's a beautiful, well written, gorgeously styled book full of fantastic projects. Would you think I went crazy if I told you I already sewed a basket from the book this morning? Yes, I'm definitely not wasting any time here :).


I added Annie's Soft and Stable instead double sided stabilizer to the exterior panels as I wanted my basket to be soft yet sturdy at the same time. Plus, I love the texture and the look of simple straight line quilting.


I used two different linen fabrics from my stash. I think they play quite nicely together, don't you agree? And I even cut into my long hoarded Amy Butler polka dots for the lining.


I love how this basket turned out. ♥♥♥

Seriously. Linen, dots, leather handles. So many of my favorites in one project.


And I especially love the way handles are installed. Such a genius idea.

Off I go, more projects to be made :).

Talk to you soon. Svetlana

Linking up to Finish it up Friday over at Crazy Mom Quilts.