Tuesday, January 27, 2015

lola pouch {pdf pattern now available}

Hello, happy Tuesday to you all!

I'm super excited as today I'm launching my second pdf pattern, yay! 


I'm a huge fan of pouches that have binding around zippers, but the patterns I found usually call for hand stitching the zippers in (not a favorite thing of mine). And so, a few weeks back, I set out to design a pouch that has zipper binding, but is made completely by machine, no hand sewing required.


I designed this Lola pouch in two sizes. Small one is perfect for pencils and other smaller odds and ends, while the large one is just the right size for projects on the go - I keep my knitting in these pouches but I'm sure it would work just as well with cross stitch, embroidery, or some crocheting too.


Plus, thanks to the way zippers are installed the pouches can be open nice and wide. I've already noticed it makes finding my stitch markers and tiny scissors while knitting and watching TV a lot easier :)

Once again, I enlisted the help of a few super lovely ladies to test my pattern to make sure it's as user friendly and clear to follow as possible. I was so impressed with the variety of pouches these ladies made. Let's have a look, shall we?


Vicki has created this beautifully quilted project pouch. See that little sliver of purple peeking through by the bottom panel? I love that little detail.


Love the addition of zipper pocket, too. What a super genius idea. I also adore Vicki's pencil pouch with all the pretty quilting, and of course the combination of bright green and orange is fantastic.



Dolores made all three of these absolutely gorgeous pouches. I just love seeing how different fabric combos play together. And now I want to drop everything and make myself a mustang pouch :).




Ellyn has also made three pouches. Aren't they gorgeous? Those little ballerinas are beyond cute and I just adore the bright happy patchwork on the last pouch. Have you noticed Ellyn's perfectly stitched binding? She used bias binding which I think was such a clever idea.


I just adore this pouch made by Judith, one of the loveliest people I "met" online. The combination of  letter print on the outside with that lovely lime striped lining is fantastic. Love the addition of diagonal quilting, too.


 Caroline stitched these two beautiful pouches. So pretty and bright, aren't they? Love how they both complement each other.


Emilee made these two beauties. Love the addition of friendship star patchwork as well as that lovely crochet flower on black leather. Such adorable pouches.


 Last, but definitely not least, is this gorgeous duo made by super duper extremely talented Rachel. Another perfect fabric combo, don't you think? I just adore these Doe pouches, perfection at its best for sure :)

Thank you so much ladies, I really appreciate all your hard work and willingness to help.

Now, if you'd like to make a Lola pouch of your own, you can buy the pattern by clicking on the link below.

Oh, and just so you know, I'm able to sell my pdf patterns worldwide as I'm using Payhip to collect and process EU vat tax :)


Long post, I know. Thanks for reading friends. Svetlana

22 comments:

  1. Svetlana,
    You´re so kind and adorable! I love testing your pattern.
    Thanks again!
    Kisses, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing what the others have done! Now I have new ideas for more pouches. Svetlana, you have created a monster! I am in love with this pattern

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting me play...like I told you...this was the easiest pouch I have ever made and now my go-to pattern....until you make another winner!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh these are darling! I can't wait to make one. I'm anxious to see how that zip fits and that binding on the top. Another winner - yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been waiting for a pattern like this! And, as always, your work is beautiful. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely. Total #CreativeGoodness. I've never made a bag with binding at the zipper, but love the look and would like to give it a try. Super cute.

    QuiltShopGal
    www.quiltshopgal.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh they all look terrific! I have just bought the pattern, thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay this is great! I'm so glad you've figured out a way to sell internationally. Really all of the pattern testers made gorgeous pouches. It's hard to pick a favorite but Judith's and Caroline's totally caught my eye! I also think it's awesome that you named it Lola:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They all look great S! Lovely to see so many variations! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pouches look nice--but I'm wondering about the zipper. There aren't many photos showing the bag zipped up. In one photo it looks like a couple of inches of zipper seem to hang out with a fabric tab on the end. Are all of the pouches like this? What does it look like when closed? Does the pouch have to have a loose zipper end or can it be sewed so it is fully encased within the pouch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just bought the pattern, it's really well done, plenty of photos and the zipper makes perfect sense. You just have to buy the pattern!

      Delete
  11. This is another cute bag! I love them! Very intrigued by the zipper details.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute pouches, I also love the look of the binding around the top and the inset zip.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute Pattern !!! lovely pouch :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hesitated for about 3 seconds and then bought the pattern. I've seen many pouches with the binding hand sewn (not my cup of tea). Your pattern is so well constructed and the instructions are clear and understandable ~ plus ~ love all the photos! Can't wait to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like that the zipper is hidden by the binding. Clever idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can you tell me what size zippers are used in your pattern? I have over 50 zippers laying around and if they are the right size, I'm getting this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. small one uses 11" or longer zipper and large one 14" or longer ones

      Delete
    2. Thank you, I just purchased it. :)

      Delete
  17. Great zippered pouch! just bought the pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...