Tuesday, January 13, 2015

baby comforter


It's all about basic shapes and simple color palettes with me lately.  So, when I needed to make a baby quilt the other day, I raided my stash for pretty green prints, cut them into 5" squares, and combined them with polka dots. Because, really, you can never go wrong with polka dots, right? :)


I even decided to forgo a binding and instead of quilting I did just a few back and forth small stitches where the squares meet. I followed this tutorial I wrote recently, but I used Warm and White cotton batting instead of the more poofy polyester one since that was the only thing I had on hand.


I love how beautifully soft it feels, especially thanks to this lovely fox flannel that was sitting in my stash for ages, waiting for just the right project.

And now I think I'm about to raid my stash once again as I simply have to make another version of this little comforter, this time in blue.

Thanks for reading friends, Svetlana.

9 comments:

  1. This is really sweet! I think that my nephew is going to be moving to a "big boy" bed soon and although I don't feel like I have the time to make a detailed quilt, a comforter like this would be perfect for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's adorable! Polka dots are my go to fabric these days and I love the green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the choice of all those different greens! They give a special "tension", looks very alive :*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Svetlanko, musim se usmivat :) Dalsi velka vec a opet krasna! Jsi sikovna :) Pa, Jola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I have some of that fox flannel in my stash too. :o) I love that you are making quilts without the binding. I want to make an all flannel version like that with simple squares. You've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are deliciously 'springy' greens! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing could be sweeter! I think I will try your method sometime - I am looking for ways to make simple baby quilts less time consuming.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in love with this little comforter! The front...the back and the quilting. It is dreamy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...