thread catchers


I so love pretty little almost instant gratification sewing projects, don't you? I usually go for pouches when I don't have much time or don't feel like working on a very time consuming project. This afternoon, however, I decided to give little thread catchers a try. They've been on my to do list for ages and I'm so glad I finally made these little cuties (they finish at about 3" x 3.5" x 4").


I used a great pattern by super talented AmandaJean (crazymomquilts) and I could not even believe just how quickly these little cuties came together. I probably spent more time choosing fabric than sewing these babies up :)

I love the way these thread catchers are constructed and since I wanted mine to be a little on the sturdier side I used SF101 fusible interfacing for both the exterior and the lining. I think this gives it just the right amount of 'body".

Hope you all are having a lovely Sunday as well. Now I'm off to do about a hundredth load of laundry :) Svetlana