Thursday, October 2, 2014

recovering...

Hello friends, happy Thursday to you all !!!

You might have noticed things were pretty quiet around here lately. Too quiet in fact :( You see, I had a much needed ankle surgery done and doctor's orders were to stay completely off the injured foot (walking with crutches totally stinks by the way), in fact my motto was to be "toes above nose" for two whole weeks.

So, there was absolutely no sound of sewing machine in our house for two weeks straight!!!

I had to find something to keep myself from going all crazy though. And so I knitted. Yes, it's possible to knit even with one foot elevated way up high in the air.


This is Betty the owl (pattern from this book).  I love how adorable she is which is a good thing since I don't see myself ever knitting another stuffed toy. Unfortunately I found the process too tedious and I questioned my sanity the whole time I was knitting :(



So then I did some cross stitch. I love how this little picture is coming to life (pattern here). I might turn it into a pouch once I'm able to walk and sew again.


I also did a little bit of hand quilting on my Large Scale Improv Quilt. Those red crosses are my absolute favorite.


And, of course, I did tons of reading. I very highly recommend each and every one of these books.

So, that's my last two weeks in a nutshell. And now I'm really, really ready for things to slowly get back to normal. Well, as normal as they possibly can get with a giant plastic boot on my leg and no stepping on my foot for four more weeks. At least I no longer have to keep it up in the air all the time :)

Wishing you all a very lovely day. Svetlana

21 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see that large scale improv! I hope you continue to recover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw you poor thing! What a bore not being able to get around easily and sew! I hope you are being spoiled rotten and being well taken care of! I love how your cross stitch is coming along. Take care, Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hand quilting looks fabulous! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been so far behind, I missed that you were going to be laid up. I am glad you are done with the worst of it, although I love your projects, especially the knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are up pushing on that pedal fast!! Horrible to be immobile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh- take care of yourself!! I'm glad you were able to be creative in other ways while sewing was off limits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My surgery ia scheduled for oct 22nd. Glad you are on the other side of yours already. I enjoy your blog and tutorials. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh, so sorry! No fun at all... I understand. A cowboy boot on the other foot helps tremendously :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been thinking of you and keep meaning to check in. Glad you are doing ok!

    ReplyDelete
  10. now the surgery is behind you and you will soon be active again, given a choice leg surgery before arm every day of the week as you can still sew by hand! Good collection of books there I do have a couple of them but find reading time difficult to find these days as I am wanting to stitch all the time. Latest book to drop through the letter box A quilters Mixology by Angela Pingel all based on the drunkards path, amazing all that can be done and loads of templates to trace off too

    ReplyDelete
  11. 2 weeks rest and you've still achieved so much! Crutches are no fun as I found out after my knee replacement surgeries, your improv quilt is looking great can't wait to see it finished take care, Quilty hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Recovery time is the worst- after my surgery this summer I knit til I thought my hands would fall off, and read so many books I had to recharge my Kindle all the time! Hope you are up and about soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Svetlanko, pred chvili jsem posilala mail, ale ted uz vim, co tvoris... a mas vse moooc krasne! Kdyz vidim to vysivani - asi bych se k tomu take mela malicko vratit, i to je ohromny relax. A tu hromadu cteni - tak tu ti moc schvaluji :) Vyborna volba! :) Svetlanko, opatruj se a preji krasne dny! Pa, Jola

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so happy to see that you are blogging again, but sorry you have been through surgery and recovery. You still managed to "make" beautiful things...amazing. Hoping that you recover soon. I so enjoy visiting your blog and seeing the inspiration I always find there.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you soon heal and get back to your machine. Love your new header picture by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad you had some projects to keep you busy! The stuffed owl is adorable and I think that cross stitch is going to be fantastic! Are you going to frame it for your sewing room?

    How do you make the x's on your quilt, ie travel between the stitches so the back isn't a mess? Hand quilting is such a mystery to me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wishing you well, dear.. glad that you find yourself busy make a beautiful stuff during recovery. Please take care.. Have a wonderfull fall ..

    ReplyDelete
  19. First off, sorry to hear of you 'toes above the nose' adventure. Hope that the healing is coming along well. Second off, your work is wonderful! I love the owl, and that little cross stitch is delightful. Get well as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Catching up on my reading... Sorry to hear you've been forced to take a break from sewing. Hope you are healing up well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...